Did you know that 600 cars were stolen during the month of January 2011, as reported by the Houston Police Department? Of the stolen cars, Ford, Chevrolet and Honda were the top three stolen brands. In such cases, covert GPS trackers aid as robust vehicle tracking systems.
Technology has come a long way and mobility and access to information are the two facets of technology that are closely integrated in GPS trackers. As soon as your car is stolen, you lose not only your mode of transportation, you also miss appointments and go through the stress of first reporting the theft and then convincing the insurance company that you should be compensated. Installing a covert GPS tracker can keep such headaches at bay.
Benefits of Installing Covert GPS Trackers in Vehicles
Here are the major advantages that GPS tracker for car features offer for vehicles that are prone to theft:
1. Good and expensive cars and trucks are more prone to theft, as mentioned earlier. However, with covert GPS trackers, the car is rendered a computerized guard that would give information about the whereabouts of the car wherever it goes. Therefore, even if your car is stolen, you can rest assured that it will be found soon.
2. Cars that have trackers installed in them also have a centralized door locking system that will jam the facilities in the car with a command from the controlling company. Therefore, as soon as the car gets stolen, the company can start tracking the car’s location with the help of a map and jam the facilities in the car so that the car thief is locked inside and does not escape.
3. The standard tracker is supported by the battery packs that contain the right common C batteries. You can easily recharge these batteries for continual use.
4. The trackers designed with the help of state-of-the-art technology goes into the sleeping mode when the car is not touched for thirty minutes and starts automatically as soon as the ignition starts.
5. If you are in trouble and need help while traveling, you can use the emergency alert or call for help. The tracker can be monitored via a smartphone or a PC and you can breathe easy knowing that help will reach you in the minimum possible time.
Those who install covert GPS trackers can reduce the complications related to car theft exponentially. However, avoid buying duplicate or low quality trackers in order to leverage the full benefit of installing such trackers. Seek recommendations before investing your money in tracking devices.